Still a project

Boat Hull Discussions
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oldstuckinthemud
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Still a project

Postby oldstuckinthemud » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:35 pm

Just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean I'm not working on it.
Every peace has to be hand fabricated in my back yard and shop with a metric crescent wrench hack saw, and hammer.
It TAKES FOR EVER !
I put in some seats and added some support to the sides to carry the motor and drive.
I have a wooden 64" prop , used, coming .

I imposed the motor and prop on to a Hull picture to kinda see where I'm heading

Hit the gas and pray
oldstuckinthemud

Re: Still a project

Postby oldstuckinthemud » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:54 pm

I flipped the Waterbug hull bottom side up to work on the hulls.
I added some more bridging and cross support.

Then I took some 20 gauge cold roll and bent it to shape and added a small trim tab to the bottom and back of the hulls.
The cold roll is to help stop sharp ice/rocks and it slides better then Aluminum. The lip is to "Brake" the water like a drip edge on your roof.

I'll add three ,four inch by 1/2 inch hdpe plastic to each cat to make it slide even better .

I'll paint the aluminum with a rubberized paint before permanently attaching the sheet. Then I plan to coat the cold roll with "Gaiter Glide" before the plastic to make it slid as easy as I can.
One day I'll put a motor on this thing...
Hit the gas and pray
oldstuckinthemud

Re: Still a project

Postby oldstuckinthemud » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Well I got all the metals prepped for paint.
Painted the underside of the sheet and the Aluminum part under the sheet with rubber truck undercoating.
Then I painted 3 layers of Gaiter glide, slick paint .
Next is the HDPE.
Hit the gas and pray

Return to “Hulls”