How stupid do they think we are ??

Everything Else
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oldstuckinthemud
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How stupid do they think we are ??

Postby oldstuckinthemud » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:20 am

I sent a letter to the editor of our stupid little news paper today.
It just wrecked my breakfast when I read it.
Here is the letter.

" I normally let Misprints I find in the paper just go as a misprint .

BUT!

I just can't this time, sorry.
The recent fire at our shooting complex Is a very bad deal and I don't want to diminish that fact.
The way you reported it was very misleading in my opinion .
The report "A bullet ricocheted into a wheat field. A small
fire was ignited by the stray bullet".
The fact of a fire is not disputed. BUT a lead, or copper clad bullet can't start a fire...That's just Bogus!
An allusion straight from Hollywood.
To make a spark there has to be a ferrous metal involved. Like a steel bullet , or iron backer board support ,even at that the spark only occurs at the point of impact.

NOT out in a wheat field.
On occasion a lead/copper bullet will cause a spark if it hits a very heavy steel backer board but there again AT THE POINT OF IMPACT.
How the fire started ? Possibly a broken bottle?
But it could not have been from a ricocheting bullet."

Am I wrong?
Hit the gas and pray

Return to “Off Topic”